ERA & the Rider Working Groups (RWG) have posed a series to questions to those individuals who have put themselves forward for the British Eventing Director elections.
Submitted questions can be found below. Responses will be hosted via the website and shared across social media in advance of the voting.
1. During your two-year term at BE if you could change 3 things
a) in order of importance what would these be?
b) what results would you hope to achieve from those changes?
2. What do you think BE should do to compete with the growing number of unregulated events targeting riders at 80, 90 and 100 levels and the linked grassroots series’ which have started up?
3. What do you see as the biggest issue facing BE currently and why?
4. How do you see yourself serving the "middle tier" membership? The Novice/Intermediate Riders who are not GR nor are they Elite, but they make up a great majority of the membership and are often the producers of the next Elite superstar horse so a very key part of our Sport.
5. The Rider Working Groups have already demonstrated their beneficial input to BE; including the Novice Masters, Area Festivals and Bicton 90/100 three day. If elected, what would you like from us in 2022/3?
Responses have been requested by the 15th November 2021