Support the Equestrian Fire Relief Australia Fund (EFRA) with a £10 donation
Support the Equestrian Fire Relief Australia Fund (EFRA) with a £10 donation.
- To support the Australian equestrian community to return to equestrian sports participation through coordination of international and national donations to bushfire relief efforts.
- EFRA is accessible to fire affected members of the equestrian community based on need, not membership of any particular organisation.
- The fund has been established as a self-regulated not-for profit under the Australian not for profit framework. EFRA will operate to the governance and transparency standards commensurate and aligned with Australian charity standards.
- EFRA will provide support coordinated through national, local and regional emergency relief and recovery committees. The need and appropriateness of a request is determined by the emergency response and recovery committees, supported by an equestrian coordinator, ensuring appropriate prioritisation and alignment of support with other local needs. The role of the fund is to satisfy endorsed requests. This approach aligns with contemporary relief practices.
- The fund will provide support to regions that align with the nationally endorsed bushfire affected area footprint. This aligns with national prioritisation and national, state and local criteria for disbursement.
- Funds are to be focused on equestrian relief, horse welfare and the equestrian community, not general drought and fire relief. However joint activities may be supported if they contribute to equestrian outcomes.
- The funds are for the use of individuals, not the rebuilding of Clubs and community infrastructure –except during the close down phase.